Christmas at Chesil
We were surprised to realise that this is our tenth Christmas here at Chesil Smokery. We’ve learnt a thing or two in that time – so here are some golden rules, for you our lovely customers.
· To maintain quality we are limiting our number of deliveries; so order now to nab the slot that suits you best. You’ll be offered a choice of dates on the checkouts page.
· We are using DPD as our couriers. They have had an amazing success rate with us – only 2 parcels have gone awry since the start of September.
· From December 10th onwards, all smokey gear will have ‘use by dates’ to see you into the New Year.
· Unless ordering fresh seafood, we would advise against booking a slot on December 22nd or 23rd. Why? In the unlikely event that there’s a gridlock in the national distribution network, it leaves us no time to sort out any problems.
· Local orders – if you wish to pick up goodies from the Smokery in Bridport, please still order online, choose a date and press ‘collect from smokery’. Then we know to have it ready for you. Due to Covid, we are not opening the shop to passing trade. In fact, that part of the building has been turned temporarily into a picking-packing station. So, we’ll bring it outside to you.
· For this Christmas, we will be offering free delivery on all orders worth over £95 to a single address.
Always remember that we’ll do everything we can do ensure you have a ‘Kule Yule’ – (sorry).